I ordered this Christmas fabric before I sewed up Avery’s holly outfit, but somehow the transaction was lost for a bit. When it finally came in the mail, I decided to save it for next year since Avery only needs so many holiday clothes. Well, after weeks of my sewing machine laying idle and this sweet fabric staring me in the face every time I opened the closet, I had to scratch that itch to stitch. Thankfully this was a pretty quick sew and I can get back to baking and wrapping packages as previously scheduled.
I went out on a limb and purchased a European pdf pattern the other day. Between the photos and Google Translate, everything came together pretty well. I half forgot, half ran out of fabric to add seam allowances, but the fit worked fine too. I actually love the trim style. The pattern is Lina found here. I went with the waist band option and added bands at the sleeves. The only trick here is to stretch the bands slightly as you sew them to the main pieces. The pattern also comes with a short sleeve option. The stripe and tree knit fabrics came from Banberry Place. Both appear to still be in stock!