Saturday, February 27, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
3. Contact said blogs and let them know - in progress
4. State 7 things about yourself
1) I left the world of structural engineering to stay at home with my daughter.
2) I've only been sewing for about 14 months.
3) I love to bake, but I'm not as thrilled about cooking.
4) I have reservations at Serendipity3 in NYC on Tuesday to eat an amazingly huge dessert, and I might not share.
5) I love Mexican food.
6) I am very proud of my husband for what he does at home and at work.
7) I love cooked tomatoes, but can't stand them raw.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Roasted Carrots with Feta and Parsley
3 pounds medium carrots, cut 1/2 inch thick on the bias
3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (or just sprinkle on some dried parsley)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss carrots with oil on a rimmed baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Roast until carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Transfer carrots to a bowl, and toss with feta and parsley.
I usually don't have any trouble getting Avery to eat her fruits and veggies. With the addition of cheese, she really gobbled it up. Now, if I could just get her to eat meat. Looks like I've got a budding vegetarian on my hands. If you have any advice on getting a toddler to eat meat, please pass it along.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
The second is a ready to ship lovebirds dress in size 2T. This one is the Modkid Boutique Isabel pattern. I am in love with this new line of fabrics called "Leanika" by Dena Designs. I paired the Leanika fabrics with a Sis Boom Bellbottoms ruffle and Pillow and Maxfield's Ditto Dots lining.
We'll just have to wait and see how this goes. I will not make any promises to keep a large inventory. As always, my first priority is my family and sewing for my own little one. Whatever extra I can fit in will go into the shop. I'll post new listings here on the blog when they are ready to go to the shop.